Error migrating OSD Images RRS feed

• Question

• Hello--

I am currently testing our content migration from 2007 to 2012.  When I attempt to migrate OSD images and installers, the installers migrate fine, but I get the same error for all of the images in migctrl.log and the "Migration Job Properties" report:

"Provider exception: Failed to get the image property from the source WIM file due to error 8007052e"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

--Matt

Thursday, October 24, 2013 4:59 PM

Answers

• The error code suggests more a typo that a permissions issue. In any event ensure that the Computer account of your new Primary Site Server is a Local Administrator on the ConfigMgr 2007 server (then restart both servers).

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:37 PM edit
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Saturday, November 2, 2013 5:36 AM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:37 PM

All replies

• 0x8007052e = The user name or password is incorrect.

Are you sure you have configured your accounts correctly?

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:18 PM
  • We set up a migration account and gave it read permissions on all SCCM 2007 classes.
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:22 PM
  • The error code suggests more a typo that a permissions issue. In any event ensure that the Computer account of your new Primary Site Server is a Local Administrator on the ConfigMgr 2007 server (then restart both servers).

• Edited by Gerry HampsonMVP Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:37 PM edit
    • Marked as answer by Joyce L Saturday, November 2, 2013 5:36 AM
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:37 PM
  • We have configured multiple migration jobs that use the same credentials.  What is different about the OSD images that cause this error?
    Friday, October 25, 2013 9:51 PM
  • Thanks Gerry.  It wasn't the computer account that needed permissions.  I had only set up sharing permissions, not NTFS on the folder.  I added Authenticated Users with Read/Execute and the images migrated successfully.
    • Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Monday, December 4, 2017 7:32 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2013 3:45 PM