none
Virtual Server with Event ID 51 and Event ID 57 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation RRS feed

• Question

• Virtual Server on Hyper-V

Event ID 51 - An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk2\DR2 during a paging operation

Event ID 57 -  The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

I have tried running a CHKDSK on the disk in question but that has not resolved the issue.  The server will be fine for a few hours after a reboot but will start seeing the error messages.

Once the drive is messed up I am unable to open applications:  "Error:  SVCMGR.exe the application was unable to start correclty (0xc000006) Click OK to close the application"

Thursday, April 28, 2016 8:40 PM

Answers

• Hi Monolithickernal,

Did you make any changed to the VM before the issue happen?

What application are you running on the VM?

The solution I could find on these events is to replcate the storage device. For a VM, I suppose the VHD should be replaced.

Best Regards,

Leo

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 29, 2016 2:51 AM