Richmond Supportdesk 6.7.4 Errors On Launch.... RRS feed

• Question

• Guys , I've just sequenced Richmond Supportdesk client 6.7.4. It all sequenced without any probs , and I was able to launch and login into the application on my sequencer pc. I saved the package , and imported into my appv server. The applications deloys find to my users specified - they can then dobule click on the icon to launch it , it loads to 100% and then gives the follow error :

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7761/richmondseqerror.jpg

This file doesnt exist on my sequencer pc - so I dont know where its calling it from. Any ideas ?  The application laucnhes fine from within the appv sequencer application.

Any help would be great !
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 12:11 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Just did a package of the client components only (excluding the database import wizard and such) to Q:\assetdir and it all worked well.

No tricks during the start-up and the sequencer was a 4.6 RC2 on XP 32-bit deployed to a 4.6 RC2 Win7 64-bit.

/Znack

Friday, June 4, 2010 8:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If executing the application outside of the sequencer can you see what happens with procmon?

/Znack
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 1:12 PM
  • How do I do that Znack ?
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Hello,

Well, ehm, reset sequencer, install application, download Process Monitor and verify what happens when you start the application in regards to the possibility of such a file?

/Znack
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:17 PM
  • Hi,
    http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2008/01/24/process-monitor-hands-on-labs-and-examples.aspx highlights how to use ProcMon with App-V a little.

I asume the original filename is not "IGTHRE~1.OCX" but the original filename is somewhat longer. So, looking for "IGTH*.OCX" might be helpfull.

ProcMon should tell you where the app expects this file. There is a certain chance that the application installer includes this file (maybe inside a Zip, CAB, MSI or whatever).

Falko
    Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:23 PM
  • Ok ,the application launches fine when I test it via the appv sequencer. when I browse to the same exe file on the q drive on my sequencer pc , the application will not launch and gives errors ! this is a different error to the one that appears when its deployed to a pc !
    Friday, November 27, 2009 1:13 PM
  • You did a MNT or VFS Installation? If it's MNT (installation directory change to Q:\8.3 directory during sequencing), then try doing VFS (install the package with default installation directory) and see if that helps.

http://blogs.technet.com/softgrid/archive/2007/07/16/the-vfs-versus-mnt-install.aspx
    Monday, November 30, 2009 4:59 PM
  • Hello,

Just did a package of the client components only (excluding the database import wizard and such) to Q:\assetdir and it all worked well.

No tricks during the start-up and the sequencer was a 4.6 RC2 on XP 32-bit deployed to a 4.6 RC2 Win7 64-bit.

/Znack

Friday, June 4, 2010 8:42 AM