none
SCCM 2012 R2 same version Migration - Shared Distribution Points

Question

• Hi,

We are performing a SCCM 2012 R2 Same version migration to a different location, and I have used shared distribution between the Old infrastructure and new infrastructure.I have used the inbuilt Migration utitiy to migrate the appliations and packages from the old infrastructure to the new infrastructure.

While performing the applications testing from the new infrastructure, using the shared DP from one location, I am unable to deploy large applications with the below.

Error sending DAV request. HTTP code 404, status 'Not Found'

GetDirectoryList_HTTP('http://xxxx.domain.com:80/SMS_DP_SMSPKG$/Content_89d9d843-9a0c-4a71-ab7d-93691ddad594.1') failed with code 0x87d0027e.

Non-recoverable error retrieving manifest (0x87d0027e).

The same applications are working fine from the old infrastructure. I have tried to redistribute the content from the old infrastructure and tried again, but the application is still struck at downloading 0% on the client machine.

Is there any configuration that needs to be done from the new infrastructure to have the test machines in the new infrastructure get the content from the shared distribution points? Please help I am struck during this testing and TS also fails while installing the applications from the shared distribution points.

with out this being sorted out I would unable to migrate the clients from the old infrastructure to the new infrastructure.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:56 AM

All replies

• Dear Sir,

Are you using Re-assign distribution point? If so, it failed during the process. If it successfully re-assigned, the distribution point is uninstalled from its source site, and then installed as a distribution point that is attached to a primary or secondary site that you specify in the destination hierarchy.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712275.aspx#BKMK_ReassignDistPoint

What's else in distmgr.log and smsdpprov.log, migmctrl.log?

Best regards

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 26, 2016 12:22 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Thanks for the response. I haven't yet reassigned the DPs. They are current shared between the legacy and new sites.

I currently cannot reassign them as the migration of the client is yet to start and I am doing testing for the applications migrated from the legacy to the new environment.

On further research I found that, while I migrated the applications from the legacy SCCM 2012 R2 site to the target SCCM 2012 R2 site, content ID for the applications deployment type has changed and it is causing the issue to find the content on the shared DP when I deploy the applications.

Can you help me to know how to migrate the applications from the legacy SCCM 2012 R2 server to the target SCCM 2012 R2 without changing the content ID for the applications so that I can deploy the applications from target using the shared distribution point?

I have found the below articles regarding my issue, but unsure if they are the cause in SCCM 2012 R2 also.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/configurationmgr/2015/09/30/configmgr-2012-support-tip-migrating-an-application-to-a-new-hierarchy-creates-new-content-id/

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c9aefef1-955f-4d20-be50-e2d0418951eb/sccm-2012-r2-sp1-sccm-2012-r2-sp2-migration-issue?forum=configmanagermigration

I tried to manually check the Content Source path ending with '\' at source and tried to migrate the application, it still changes the content ID after migration.

Since I am sharing the distribution point, I am unable to distribute the content to the DP and failing to deploy the applications from new site to test machines.

Any quick help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Friday, May 27, 2016 8:16 AM
  • Hi - Did you get the issue resolved? I am facing the same issue.
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 2:36 PM