none
One device has stopped syncing and cannot be manually synced RRS feed

• Question

• I have one windows 10 device that is showing non compliant for activity.  In going through why, it shows that it hasn't synced for a while.  Unfortunately, I cannot manually sync either from that laptop itself or via the Intune portal.

This user has a HIGHLY customized computer because they're a developer.  The only one with his level of use, so the only one with that much customization.  Building a new laptop for him will be a pain.  Is there a way to reenroll his computer into Intune that will also keep the Azure AD joined status (we use azure for the AD only, no hybrid setup)?

I experimented with another computer, deleting it from intune and then discovering that it also removed the Azure account.  Since there was no local account (joined at setup to Azure) I had to restart in safe mode and add a user.  I could then log in and enroll it, but I can't log in using the azure account because it tries to use the Live servers to authenticate when I try to use his azure account username.

I'm about to just give up, bite the bullet and build a new one for him...then listen to the complaints.  But I wanted to see if anyone here has found an easy way to get around something like this?

Thursday, May 21, 2020 6:52 PM

All replies

• Please understand that all the re-enroll options ( Retire, delete, Wipe, Disconnect) will delete the Azure AD account, this is by design.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/remote-actions/devices-wipe

Best regards,

Cici

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 22, 2020 2:19 AM
  • I'm fine with it deleting the Azure AD account for the joined device.  But I should be able to join the device again to Azure AD afterwards, which I current cannot and still log in with an Azure AD user account (which should not be deleted along with the device's azure joined status).

All I'm trying to do is re enroll a windows 10 1909 computer in Intune without having to completely rebuild it. If that's not possible, can someone confirm?

Friday, May 22, 2020 12:32 PM
  • Sorry for late response, based on my research, you can use the Retire or Disconnect option to meet your requirements. When you re-enroll the Windows again, the policies and apps you assigned before in Intune will be deployed to the device again. The corporate data, if has integrated with Saas or other cloud-based platform, will be sync again. Also, the Azure AD account can be used again and personal data will not be removed during the whole process.

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/intune/remote-actions/devices-wipe#windows

Best regards,

Cici

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:48 AM
  • Thanks!  What would be the best way to re-enroll windows again from the client side?
    • Edited by WCunningham Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:01 PM
    Wednesday, May 27, 2020 2:01 PM
  • Disconnect will be better from client side, after disconnect from client, you can connect again from the same window.

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Go to Accounts > Access work or school.
    3. Select the connected account that you want to remove > Disconnect.
    4. To confirm device removal, select Yes.

Reference:https://www.enhansoft.com/how-to-remove-intune-from-a-windows-10-computer/  

Best regards,

Cici

Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:25 AM
  • Just provide a brief summary that may easy for end users that visit this thread to understanding.

Problem/Symptom:

===================

What would be the best way to re-enroll windows again from the client side?

Solution:

===================

Disconnect will be better from client side, after disconnect from client, you can connect again from the same window.

1. Open the Settings app.
    2. Go to Accounts > Access work or school.
    3. Select the connected account that you want to remove > Disconnect.
    4. To confirm device removal, select Yes.

Reference

===================

https://www.enhansoft.com/how-to-remove-intune-from-a-windows-10-computer/  

Best regards,

Cici Wu

Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:10 AM