Create a System Image in Audit Mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Guys

I Setup up a reference Installation (Windows 10 Education N x64 in Audit Mode) for my new SCCM 2012 development. I experienced Issue with creating an Image in the past, so I wanted to be sure and create a System Image. Unfortunately, I receive this error message:

"This Service cannot be used in safety mode (0x8007043C)."

Is there any way to still use the built in Backup to create a System Image or do I Need to use a third Party Software? Because I'd rather not do that to not further enlarge the new Image. 

Thanks for your Help.

Kind Regards

Gabe

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

According to your description, it is recommended that you refer to the following link that has the same problem as you:

https://windowsforum.com/threads/windows-7-backup-problems.39443/

Note: This is a third-party link and we do not have any guarantees on this website. This is just for your convenience. And Microsoft does not make any guarantees about the content.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:23 PM
  • Hi Hurry

Thanks for the Information, but It's not really the same issue, becuase I'm not running a normal Windows Machine: It's in Audit Mode.

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Audit Mode is basically nothing more than a variation of Windows Safe Mode; for all things important, Windows considers itself being in Safe Mode as long as it is in Audit Mode. Therefore the Backup will not run in Audit Mode (Safe Mode).

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 6:56 PM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?
    Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

Friday, February 1, 2019 1:01 PM