Restore Trash folders RRS feed

• Question

• I have Outlook 2013 and accidently clicked empty/trash folder, the folder is gone and all my emails how do I get it back.
    Monday, January 26, 2015 4:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

What type of email account are you using? POP3, IMAP or Exchange?

First, I'd recommend we press Ctrl + 6 to switch to Folders view in Outlook, and then check if we can see the Trash folder. We can also check on our web-based mail interface to see if the folder is still there.

If above doesn't work, we can try starting Outlook with the /resetfolders command to restore missing folders. To do this, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /resetfolders and press Enter.

As for the missing emails in the trash folder, I'm afraid you need to find some third-party recovery tool to restore your emails. However, if you're using an Exchange account, we may try using the "Recover Deleted Items" feature to see if it will recover your emails. To do this, right-click the trash folder and then select Recover Deleted Items...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

• Proposed as answer by ZA85 Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 6, 2015 8:11 AM
    Tuesday, January 27, 2015 6:50 AM