Attachment pop up not opening in front window RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am working with oracle apps and we updated our java from 1.6 to 1.8 this month. and we have a requirment where we attach a file to invoices, items and many category . when ever we click on the attachment icon in oracle apps form, it should open IE web page and it will allow us to attach the file. But when even we click on attachment icon, it is opening IE but it is opening as background application (which used to be open in front of the user). This is going to be a huge issue with in our company as there are multiple users and we need to upload 1000's of file every day. Any input will be greatly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

-Raj

Friday, December 22, 2017 4:56 PM

All replies

• It seems it would be prudent to contact Oracle for assistance with this.  Oracle seems to be responsible for initiating the pop up but it's not doing correctly.

Oracle support is best qualified to advise you about this situation.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Friday, December 22, 2017 5:22 PM
  • Yes I did that. but they are saying, oracle work is to populate the page and it is doing it's work. They are asking to compare the IE setting which we did for working and non working machine. still no use
    Friday, December 22, 2017 5:34 PM
  • Hi,

Did all the machine running Oracle has the same problem or just one computer?

Did you develop the app by yourself?

Since you mentioned you recently updated java, then the problem occurs. I don't know much about coding, if you write the code to customize the behavior when you click the attachment to open IE windows, is there any possible that it has something wrong after update?

You can test to open IE windows, then click Attachment bottom to see if it can display the attach file screen. If it works, it is suggest that you can debug the coding.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 25, 2017 8:38 AM
  • If you have any further updates, please let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 7:51 AM