Trouble ticket analyst comment - remove %20 (space) before SR_ID RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I'm configuring notification to analyst and affected user when Trouble ticket has new comment  and stuck with one thing,

i'm using html notification and want to allow user to switch to portal from link in notification, BUT when i use this :

$Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem.TroubleTicketHasAnalystComment' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$ $Context/Path[Relationship='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItemHasCommentLog' SeedRole='Target' TypeConstraint='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$

to retrive SR ID it returns ID with "space" symbol, link to portal doesn't work. Example:

https//:scsm/MyRequests/RequestDetails?id=%20SR1240,ServiceRequest (chrome)

https//:scsm/MyRequests/RequestDetails?id= SR1240,ServiceRequest (IE)

so the adress is not valid. 

I've installed rewrite plugin for IIS to workaround it, but for analyst notification, i want to use link to fileshare with attachments (so no need to open scsm console or portal to see attach.) and it's not work.

How to retrieve SR ID without spaces? 

Monday, October 10, 2016 11:12 AM

Answers

• I tested it in mine and it returns without the space. Did you try it in yours?

• Marked as answer by Nikolas Page Friday, October 28, 2016 3:13 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 1:44 PM

All replies

• Hey Nikolas,

why are you using the this in the link to the portal?

Why not just using something like this:

$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, October 10, 2016 11:34 AM
  • It is simple - it doesn't work for trouble ticket user comments class . Did you check it?

Here it is: link

Monday, October 10, 2016 11:38 AM
  • Hey Nikolas,

he uses the type projection to get the related data displayed within the mail content, but if I understood you just want to include a link to the Incident in the mail, so replacing it with:

$Context/Property[Type='CustomSystem_WorkItem_Library!System.WorkItem']/Id$

should actually do the job. 

Please try it out, if it doesn't help I will try to test it out and see why you have the behavior. :)

Regards,

Stoyan (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, October 10, 2016 12:19 PM
  • it returns nothing, i've cheked id
    Monday, October 10, 2016 12:45 PM
  • Hey,

let me try and test this out and I will then reply (most probably tomorrow). If you solve it in the mean time, will be happy to check on the soluton :)

Regards,

Monday, October 10, 2016 12:53 PM
  • Have you tested?
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 1:34 PM
  • I think the space is actually being introduced because of the space you have between Id$ and $Context. It seems you have two properties inserted side-by-side with a space in between. Try taking that space out and see if the issue is resolved.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 3:52 PM
  • Without space I'd will not be returned
    Friday, October 28, 2016 7:12 AM
  • I tested it in mine and it returns without the space. Did you try it in yours?

• Marked as answer by Nikolas Page Friday, October 28, 2016 3:13 PM
    Friday, October 28, 2016 1:44 PM
  • My bad, thank you so much! It'works
    Friday, October 28, 2016 3:15 PM