none
Create custom management agent for Lync RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to set up Lync Server 2010 in a Resource forest toplogy. I need to create a custom management agent in order to sync user accounts from my user forest (ABC.com) to my resource forest (XYZ.local) where Lync will be installed.

I am struggling to find any documentation on exactly how I do this. I am not a developer, thus have no skills in Visual Studio.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction?

Regards,
    Christian

Monday, October 7, 2013 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

why not just sync the users to the Resource Forest using an default 2nd AD MA, and in addition use the Powershell MA from Soren to to the Lync specific parts after that, or doing this all together in the Powershell MA.

Needs much less development skill.

Anyway here is the FIM ECMA 2.x Reference with code examples.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:34 PM
  • Hi Peter,

My users don't exist in the Resource forest - I need some way of synchronizing user objects from my User forest to my Resource forest, in a disabled state.

Can you advise further?

Regards,
    Christian

Monday, October 7, 2013 4:52 PM
  • Hello Chistian,

there is no need that users exists in resource forest, thats what an AD MA also is for.
    Just connect the lync forest with the AD MA, then create the appropriate provisioning logic (either mv code extension or sync rule) the create the users disabled in the forst (very easy to do).

after that call the Lync Powershell cmdlets to activate lync for that users.

There are a lot of way to call the Powershell Part.

- Powershell Activity in FIM Portal

- Powershell Management Agent

- Call the Powershell/.Net code for lync directly from the MV provisioning code.

Soren has also a very nice powershell provisioning framework, have also a look on this.
    So I think there is no need to create a own custom ma, even with less coding skills.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - Doeres AG - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Monday, October 7, 2013 5:14 PM