none
Cannot Connect to Deployment Share RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to capture an image from a Windows 7 computer. The computer is not a member of the domain, as it is recommended per sysprep, but the MDT server is a member. I am asked several times for credentials in connecting to the deployment share. Once I run LiteTouch.vbs from the share and the PC reboots, I am asked again for credentials, and I provide the correct ones, yet the process cannot connect to the deployment share. My bootstrap.ini file is default with no user credentials saved (I can't save a domain account password in plain text on a server, house rules). The network is good. Where else can I troubleshoot?

Thanks

Jason Watkins MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, CCNA

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:44 PM

Answers

• What error are you receiving in particular? Authentication error, network error (no IP pulled), etc.

-Nick O.

• Marked as answer by N74JW Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:53 PM
  • It was a network error. Our DHCP is a bit screwy in the fact that one has to register their computer's MAC address before they can get an IP address. My test computer's MAC address was registered twice, and as a result no address was given when I thought it was.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:35 PM

All replies

• What error are you receiving in particular? Authentication error, network error (no IP pulled), etc.

-Nick O.

• Marked as answer by N74JW Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:32 PM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2015 3:53 PM
  • Hi - Cannot connect to deployment share, invalid credentials. The username and password is correct. I have tried this several times.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 4:04 PM
  • Going through the share's permissions, which have been unchanged since I set up MDT, don't include any domain user accounts or groups. Now, I am really confused, because this worked before with a domain account accessing the share. What could have changed?

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 4:28 PM
  • The default is for the share Everyone Full Control but, that you protect the contents of the share with NTFS permissions.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:58 PM
  • Hi,

If the time is wrong in Windows PE you will receive this problem.

Press F8, and enter "time" and see if the time is correct.

If not, you will need to set the correct time. The best solution is to set it against a time server in your domain using:

net time /DOMAIN:<FQDN> /SET /Y

Blog: www.danielclasson.com/blog | LinkedIn: Daniel Classon | Twitter: @danielclasson

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:30 PM
  • It was a network error. Our DHCP is a bit screwy in the fact that one has to register their computer's MAC address before they can get an IP address. My test computer's MAC address was registered twice, and as a result no address was given when I thought it was.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:35 PM