Upgrade path? RRS feed

• Question

• I passed exam 210 Win2k pro and 215 Win 2k server and have finally got round to having some time to pursue finalising some more training but am seeing that my upgrade path is somewhat limited.
    I was hoping to use these 2 exams to count towards either 2k MCSA (least wanted solution) or 2k3 MCSA (on my way to MCSE. However a quick browse on the new cert path site shows me that my 2k server is redundant or no longer countable (which is odd as my 2k pro 210 is?)

Can i finish my MCSA with 2k3 modules?
    Or am i better off starting again with 2k8?
    Monday, August 18, 2008 9:31 PM

Answers

• Take a look at this thread: http://forums.community.microsoft.com/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/13d42db4-cb23-422c-a4f8-ee84ec545e5e. I believe it will be of assistance to you.
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+
    www.theitclassroom.com
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:05 PM
  • mercyground said:

I passed exam 210 Win2k pro and 215 Win 2k server and have finally got round to having some time to pursue finalising some more training but am seeing that my upgrade path is somewhat limited.
    I was hoping to use these 2 exams to count towards either 2k MCSA (least wanted solution) or 2k3 MCSA (on my way to MCSE. However a quick browse on the new cert path site shows me that my 2k server is redundant or no longer countable (which is odd as my 2k pro 210 is?)

mercyground, unfortunately, at this point in time the 2000 series of Windows Server exams has been retired, including the neccessary exams to upgrade to Windows Server 2003 credentials.  This was announced in March 2008 and took effect March 30, 2008 (officially) and some time in May the exams were actually retired and made no longer available.

As a result, you will need to concentrate on starting the Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 track of the MCSE or MCITP:EA/SA from scratch.
    - Wayne S. Anderson MCITP, MCSE, MCT http://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:16 PM

All replies

• Take a look at this thread: http://forums.community.microsoft.com/en-US/CertGeneral/thread/13d42db4-cb23-422c-a4f8-ee84ec545e5e. I believe it will be of assistance to you.
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+
    www.theitclassroom.com
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 3:05 PM
  • mercyground said:

I passed exam 210 Win2k pro and 215 Win 2k server and have finally got round to having some time to pursue finalising some more training but am seeing that my upgrade path is somewhat limited.

mercyground, unfortunately, at this point in time the 2000 series of Windows Server exams has been retired, including the neccessary exams to upgrade to Windows Server 2003 credentials.  This was announced in March 2008 and took effect March 30, 2008 (officially) and some time in May the exams were actually retired and made no longer available.

As a result, you will need to concentrate on starting the Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008 track of the MCSE or MCITP:EA/SA from scratch.
    - Wayne S. Anderson MCITP, MCSE, MCT http://blog.avanadeadvisor.com/blogs/waynea
    Thursday, August 21, 2008 5:16 PM
  • Sigh. Oh well. Guess i should have finished off my certs earlier.
    When i last got some time I was advised that due to all the "paper" MSCA/E's in system it wasnt worth it. Now of course they want the Certs to prove you can do the work.

Oh well. Guess i'm going book shopping. Thanks for the answers.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 5:00 PM
  •  
    Upgrade path?‏
    From: Windows Live Alerts from Microsoft Community Forums (forumsup@microsoft.com)
    Sent: 22 September 2008 16:53:35

Oh btw... any idea why MS took a month to "alert update" me?

Just realised that its a month later.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 5:01 PM
  •  
    Upgrade path?‏
    From: Windows Live Alerts from Microsoft Community Forums (forumsup@microsoft.com)
    Sent: 22 September 2008 16:53:35

Oh btw... any idea why MS took a month to "alert update" me?

Just realised that its a month later.
    Monday, September 22, 2008 5:02 PM