none
Changes do not appear until save RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I make changes to dates, durations, etc. on project 2013, the original value remains.  The changes are not actually shown until I click save file.  If i click on a particular changed cell, I will see the new value, but once i click somewhere else the original value returns.  The changes are not finally shown until I save the file.  All tasks are automatic and calculations are set for automatic.  ANy ideas?
    • Edited by Jehru7 Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:16 PM
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:15 PM

All replies

• Jehru7,

Never heard of that problem before. Okay, let's check a few things.

First, is your version of Project 2013 fully updated with the latest Cumulative Update? The easiest way to do that is by running Windows Update.

Does this happen with just one file or with a new file also? If it only happens with the one file, then I would suspect file corruption. Try saving the file as XML and then re-open in Project. Note, you will lose any custom formatting with this process.

If Project 2013 is fully updated and this occurs with any file, then your installation of Project may need to be repaired. Try running a repair through the Control Panel. If that doesn't help, then you might have a corrupt Global file. To fix that find your working Global and move it to the trash. When you re-start Project a new default Global will be generated.

Take a look at those items and then let us know.

John

Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:14 PM