Search interface fix 2 of 2 - add autocomplete for advanced search options RRS feed

• General discussion

• Given the heavy reliance of the new Win7 search box on manually typed advanced search terms, I would like a fast way of inserting these terms. Elsewhere I suggested a drop-down menu, but an independent improvement would be an autocomplete option with multiple suggestions.  

Ideally the search box would recognize search commands and offer several related autocomplete options. So: if I type 'datemod' I would like Windows to show a autocomplete menu that lists any advanced queries that start with 'datemod'. Hitting TAB should insert the top suggetsion including the ':'. This could kick in e.g. after the first four characters. 

I think this would be very beneficial for most users, and should clutter the interface too much. If it does add too much clutter, you could implement an option 'use search autocomplete' in the folder view options dialog. -Joe

Lenovo X61 tablet, Core2Duo L7700 1.8GHz, 4Gb,Intel 965 integrated graphics, MultiTouch/MultiView screen (pen + resistive touch), Intel turbo memory (disabled..), UltraBase docking station.
    • Edited by JoeSP2 Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:57 PM fixed typos
    Wednesday, September 9, 2009 12:56 PM