none
Unable to receive SSPR OTP when I give my OTP email address as some gmail , yahoo or outlook even. RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I give the OTP email address as gmail,yahoo or outlook etc. getting an exception like "System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <XXXXXXXX@XXXX.com> Relaying denied".  

below mentioned are the errors logged in application logs, kindly assist me.

error:

The mail sender could not send an outbound email.  This failure indicates a misconfiguration either with the mail server or with the specific mail.  Frequent, repeating instances of this event indicate a failure with the mail server.  If this event occurs alongside event 12, then this event indicates a failure with Exchange. Infrequent instances of this event indicate misconfiguration of individual emails.

The mail server address is incorrect or specific outbound email has invalid data.

Ensure that the mail sender is configured to connect to the correct mail server and that the outbound mail has correct email addresses.

The specific exception reported by the mail server:
    System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: <XXXXXXXX@XXXX.com> Relaying denied
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
       at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.IlmSmtpClient.Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.ISmtpInterop.Send(MailMessage )
       at Microsoft.ResourceManagement.Mail.SmtpServer.SendGenericMessage(GenericMessage message)

error 2:

Unable to send email.
    Unable to send email message to user within the allocated time. Verify connectivity to Exchange or SMTP email service, and verify that the timeout period for sending messages is sufficiently long for your environment.

Workflow: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Request ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rajesh Kumar NSR, FIM administrator, Wipro Technologies. India.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:27 PM

Answers

• This is really more of an Exchange issue, than a MIM issue.

Please ensure that the user running the FIM Service is allowed send relayed email in Exchange.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Marked as answer by Rajesh.NSR Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:49 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Email relaying as not enabled for the emails from the FIM server in the mail server and when i did, i were able to get the outbound OTP mail successfully.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:40 AM

All replies

• This is really more of an Exchange issue, than a MIM issue.

Please ensure that the user running the FIM Service is allowed send relayed email in Exchange.

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Email relaying as not enabled for the emails from the FIM server in the mail server and when i did, i were able to get the outbound OTP mail successfully.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Glad it worked out!

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 7:18 AM