none
Application Install Issue - Could Not Access Network Location RRS feed

• Question

• I am having an issue installing an application as part of our image process using MDT 2013. The application is an MSI that comes with an MSI editing program used to modify the MSI before install. One of the options set is a path to a config file located on the network using a UNC path. The install is failing with "Error 1606. Could not access network location". What's the best way to grant access to the network path needed during install?
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:03 PM

Answers

• You can run that application in a batch file and use the following... This is if you need a certain username and password. I dont know what security rights are on the share you are trying to access..

net use \\192.168.1.X\sharename {password} /USER:username /P:yes

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:17 PM

All replies

• To clarify, the network path it needs during install is not part of the Deployment Share. It's on a different server than MDT.
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 12:12 PM
  • hi,

i m not sure but i think you should use the same permissions on your share as Deployment Share specified in bootstrap.ini

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:02 PM
  • You can run that application in a batch file and use the following... This is if you need a certain username and password. I dont know what security rights are on the share you are trying to access..

net use \\192.168.1.X\sharename {password} /USER:username /P:yes

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:17 PM
  • If it's not on the same server, then you may have a permissions issue. Either copy the config file to your deployment share (such as in the same folder as the installer) or ensure that the share the file is on has the needed permissions set. When MDT is running from within the OS such as when it's installing applications, it is using the local administrator account.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 1:37 PM