Vista and its annoying total control issues.... RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to TechNet Forum....not sure if this is where I should even be...but....  I am pulling my hair out clicking and clicking away all the ALERTS Vista throws in my face.  Expecially, in connection with DEP and the Program Manager something or other.  I understand what DEP is for and how it works and Program Manager, but doesn't mean I have to LIKE it.  I wonder if someone could help me diable DEP or whatever is causing Vista to have so much control over what programs I choose to use at any one given moment.  I am sure I among many who wished they would NOT have installed Vista on their computer.  While it really doesn't run all the differently than XP, it is way more controlling.  I can say Vista has certainly given me a new challenge.  Anyway, if anyone could help me figure out how to stop all the darned windows that pop up for NO reason at all. If they had a good reason, I could handle that, but they don't so nearly pushing me OVER the edge to get rid of Vista.  I hear Microsoft is suppose to come out with the first major fix, but in the mean time... HELP.....................  Margene

Monday, December 31, 2007 9:06 PM