Body column is not visible on Announcements web part RRS feed

• Question

• We use WSS 3.0 to host our portal. I created a new site on my Staging Server using the Blank Template and added an Announcements list, then put the Announcements Web Part on the home page. The Body column is not displayed. I know the "Summary View" for the Announcements Web Part is different from other Views, but the Body is supposed to appear under the Created By field. When I edit the current view for the Web Part, the standard columns are checked and greyed-out (Title, Body, Created By, Modified, Attachments). I created a new Team Site and have the same results. This is happening on both our Staging Server and on Production, but not on my stand-alone Development box. This is just out-of-the-box functionality, I haven't customized anything yet. Has anyone run across this before?

Christopher W. Douglas

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:42 AM

All replies

• what if you close and add a new announcement web part again ? so not modify the current view. by default the web part view displays body, title and created by content. Also when you click on edit current view it will definitely give you title, body, created by, modified by and attachment columns grayed out.

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:09 PM