none
Windows 7 Monthly Security Update Repeatedly Fails to Install RRS feed

• Question

• After multiple attempts over the course of several weeks, I have been unable to get Windows Update 2019-06 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB4503292) to successfully install on one of my personal laptops (error codes: "WindowsUpdate_80073701" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"). I have tried all of the recommendations made in this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/221a12a3-6cbb-4205-bcf3-150efa0ba437/repeatedly-failed-to-install-security-monthly-quality-rollup-for-windows-7-for-x64based-systems?forum=w7itprosecurity (I had to deactivate the hyperlink because I just created an account for this forum and it hasn't been verified yet) along with several other fixes that I found on other threads/forums, and the update still fails to install either manually or automatically.  I would just upgrade to Windows 10, but I bought this computer from a company that wipes, refurbishes, and resells retired corporate machines, and the Windows sticker/activation key on the bottom of the computer are for something called Windows 7 OA.  When I enter it in as prompted by the Windows 10 upgrade, it says that the activation key isn't valid.  If someone could please offer a solution to either the failed update problem or the activation key issue, I would be very grateful.  Thank you!

Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft TechNet Forum.

For update failed issue, you can try to collect CBS.log and share it via OneDrive.

For activation key issue, please try to run the following command as an administrator:

Remove uninstall the current product key: slmgr.vbs /upk

Change your product key: slmgr.vbs /ipk 

Force Windows to attempt an online activation: slmgr.vbs /ato

Hope the above information will help you.

Best regards,

Hurry

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, June 14, 2019 6:27 AM
  • I have the same issue with the Update;

CBS logfile at https://1drv.ms/u/s!As9uj_v39g0nnGAUhR6ajencAOzD?e=cpoEbd

Must be a Rottie thing  ; -)

Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:49 AM
  • Hi,
    How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Hurry

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Sunday, June 16, 2019 12:47 PM
  • Hi,

Is there anything else I can do to help you on this issue?

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Hurry

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 1:34 AM
  • Having tried the Update several times with no success I'm after advise as to how to successfully install, please see the logfile link, above.

Many thanks.

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:15 PM
  • Same problem here, no way to install the KB4503277 on Win7 64 Bit :-/
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:56 PM
  • I assume that it takes a little time to go through the CBD logfile and suggest course of action . . .
    Sunday, June 30, 2019 12:46 PM