Same problem RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I have a laptop (Hp Pavilion dv9830ev) running windows vista home premium 32-bit with SP1. I try to start several programs my laptop stops responding, i can't move the mouse and nothing happens with ctr+alt+delete. After this a blue screen appears and say's 6TO4 Adapter driver couldn't load. USB adapter (or something like that). I must say that i once had formated my laptop but before this it worked just fine. I uninstalled the driver of this adapter and my computer still crashes but i don't see a blue screen anymore. It just stucks. Please tell me what I have to do. I need to open these programs for my work on univercity. If someone find a sollution please send me an e-mail to nikos.karayiannis@hotmail.com The code of the problem is #10.

Thank you... 
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:19 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Before moving on, I would like to let you know regarding the 6TO4 Adapter driver error, you can safely ignore this error message. For more information on the error, please refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

On a Windows Vista-based computer or on a Windows Server 2008-based computer, the Microsoft ISATAP adapter appears with a yellow exclamation mark next to it in Device Manager, and you also receive an error message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932520/en-us

regarding the stops responding issue, mostly the problem is caused by software conflict. I suggest you do a clean boot to narrow down the problem.

How to take a Clean Boot

===========================

1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility.

2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray).

3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK".

4. Restart the computer and test the issue.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps.

Monday, December 29, 2008 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

As this thread has been quiet for a while we will be changing the issue type to Comment.

If you wish to return to this question you can go ahead and change the type back to Question. Then you can edit your initial post and change the radio button at the top of the post editor window.

If the issue has been resolved, wed love to hear your solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems.

Thanks!

Tuesday, January 6, 2009 9:54 AM