How to Remove Annoying “Safe To Remove Hardware” Message Box? RRS feed

• Question

• Good day everyone xD

Recently updated my laptop..
    then this happen..

http://www.askvg.com/how-to-remove-annoying-safe-to-remove-hardware-message-box-in-windows-vista/#comment-122647

I don't want to use any scripts or softwares to fix this, I just want to know what KB Update caused this so I can revert it back..

uhm, all I wanted now..is to find out what KB Update caused this.

But..which one? I have 54 Windows Update o_O

Can you specify them? uhm then if there's no choice = uninstall all >_< ow man

Ok..uhm last one! [maybe] xD

I see two types:
    Security Update for Microsoft Windows
    Update for Microsoft Windows

..in your opinion which one caused this annoyance? I just want to revert the feature that when you safely remove a hardware, the safely remove icon would popup a BALLOON and not a MESSAGE BOX which I have to click the OK button to continue with my work.

~ Windows Vista Ultimate SP2

Tnx in advance ^ ^

P.S: Did I post in the wrong thread? I thought this belongs to the DesktopUI, correct me if I'm wrong xD
    Sunday, March 7, 2010 2:15 AM

All replies

• Conclusion: I have done my research; it's not the KBs installed after windows update
    Just notice that the annoying safe to remove dialog box with an
    "OK" button that requires clicking or hitting Enter still appears after reformatting my laptop ^^

Solution: Upgrade to Windows7 :D

~Microsoft has changed this functionality in Windows 7. Windows 7 shows a balloon tip instead of the dialog box.
    Sunday, March 21, 2010 7:22 AM