none
W10 1809 - Assigned Access - Key Sequences aren't blocked RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to configure a Single-App Kiosk with Windows Configuration Designer for Windows 10 1809.

I was able to setup the kiosk user, the autostart of the Windows Application and the autologin.

The problem I've encountered is that despite being logged in with an Assigned Access Key sequences like:

CTRL+SHIFT+ESC (TaskManager) is still working.

Also when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL to break out (and login for example with the Admin Account to do... well administrative business) I still see: TASK MANAGER and CHANGE PASSWORD, and the Application don't exit automatically - also the 30second timeout isn't working either.

I don't know what I'm missing here.

Beneath my actual configuration:

- Set up device: DISABLED (cause computer is staged with SCCM)
    - Set up network : DISABLED (as above)
    - Account Management: DISABLED (as above, and because if configured within the AssignedAccess the Admin PWD will expire)
    - Add Application : NONE (computer staged with SCCM)
    - Add Certificate: NONE
    -
    Configure kiosk account and app:
    Create a kiosk user account: YES
    Username: XYZ
    Password: ZXY
    Auto sign-in : YES
    Configure the kiosk mode app:
    username: XYZ
    App type: classic
    full path : %FULLPATHOFTHEAPP%

- Configure kiosk common settings:
     Set tablet mode: NO
    Customize user experience:YES
    Configure welcome screen buttons: 17
    Disable status messages during startup, sign-in and shut down: 1
    Hide Welcome screen when auto sign-in is enabled: YES
    Disable lock screen: YES

Configure power settings:
    Turn off screen timeout: YES
    Turn off sleep timeout: YES

• Edited by TDA1990 Friday, November 22, 2019 2:23 PM
    Friday, November 22, 2019 2:17 PM

All replies

• KIOSK is a simple user setting running Default(s) settings...For advanced setting,in cmd type: services.msc

In msc,scroll to the service,double click,Maybe Log-On,edit for users..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Search/en-US?query=Access%20key&pgArea=header&emptyWatermark=true&ac=2

And/or try the Microsoft/MSDN link for confiigurations.

Friday, November 22, 2019 11:52 PM
  • Hi,

Ctrl+Alt+Delete is the key to break out of Assigned Access. If needed, you can use Keyboard Filter to configure a different key combination to break out of assigned access by setting BreakoutKeyScanCode as described in WEKF_Settings.

For your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/windows-hardware/customize/enterprise/keyboardfilter

Hope above information can help you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 25, 2019 5:59 AM
  • Hello,

Yes I know, but according to the article on how to configure Assigned Access (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/kiosk-prepare):

There are key sequence blocked by Assigned Access (for example CTRL+SHIFT+ESC), and in my case they aren't.
    Also other "standard" behavior when Assigned Access is configured aren't working (as described in my Post).

If you see what MS describe should happen with AssignedAccess for Single App Kiosk, in my case isn't working (Standard key filtering, timeout for switch user, ... )

Monday, November 25, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

In fact, for deep research on the Assigned Access for Single App Kiosk, I advise open a support ticket with Microsoft. There are best resources can help you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/hub/4343728/support-for-business

On forum platform, we can do limited for you, what I can come up with has been delivered, thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Farena

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 28, 2019 8:08 AM