none
Windows 10 user GPO RRS feed

• Question

• I've been testing windows 10 GPO and everything works but I have logged in as three different users and when I do a gpresult it showing the user is not the one logged in and is pulling that users GPO not the user that is logged in.  I don't know why it's stuck only pulling the one users configuration and not the current logged in users. 

Thanks,

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you get that report?

If you run the gpresult command in the Command Prompt, the default user is the user who is logged on to the computer that issues the command.

If you run the gpresult command in the Command Prompt(Admin), it would display the admin account group policy configuration that you typed admin credentials.

Also you could use the /u parameter to specify the user account to run a gpresult for that user account.

More details, read this article:

GPresult

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/cc733160.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:05 AM

All replies

• Not sure I follow. Pulls the users GPO not the user? Are you running gpresult /r ? At the top does it say something like "RSOP data for MYDOMAIN\UserName on COMPUTERNAME" ?

Monday, February 15, 2016 8:22 PM
  • Are you running as admin to get the computer data too? Make sure you specify the user - such as:

GPRESULT /H gpo.html /USER:DOMAIN\USERNAME

also - are you using domain or local accounts?

Monday, February 15, 2016 8:33 PM
  • Hi,

How did you get that report?

If you run the gpresult command in the Command Prompt, the default user is the user who is logged on to the computer that issues the command.

If you run the gpresult command in the Command Prompt(Admin), it would display the admin account group policy configuration that you typed admin credentials.

Also you could use the /u parameter to specify the user account to run a gpresult for that user account.

More details, read this article:

GPresult

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/cc733160.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 7:59 AM