none
EUR recovery pointing at secondary DPM server still RRS feed

• Question

• Scenario:

Windows 2008 R2 File Cluster was failed over to secondary DPM server due to some issues on primary DPM server.

Primary DPM server was fixed, cluster was failed back to the primary DPM server.  EUR is still pointing at the secondary DPM server, after synchronizations and consistency checks on both the primary and secondary server of the cluster's filespace.

How do I get it to update to the correct data?

thanks

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Try this solution, Use the following cmdline to look at the current share mappings:

dsquery  * cn=ms-sharemapconfiguration,cn=system,dc=X,dc=Y -attr ms-backupSrvShare ms-productionSrvShare

Replace the highlighted for your domain. The example is for domain X.Y

IE:  dsquery  * cn=ms-sharemapconfiguration,cn=system,dc=nwtraders,dc=com -attr ms-backupSrvShare ms-productionSrvShare

ms-backupSrvShare                                                      ms-productionSrvShare

\\SDPM01.NWTraders.com\FS01.NWTraders.com_data                         \\FS01\data
      \\SDPM02.NWTraders.com\DPMUIVIEWER.NWTraders.com_PROTECTED             \\DPMUIVIEWER\PROTECTED
      \\SDPM02.NWTraders.com\DPMUIVIEWER.NWTraders.com_Timewarp              \\DPMUIVIEWER\Timewarp
      \\SDPM01.NWTraders.com\win2k8-n1.nwtraders.com_MTATempStore$           \\WIN2K8-N1\MTATempStore$
      \\SDPM02.NWTraders.com\SDPM01.NWTraders.com_FS01.NWTraders.com_data    \\SDPM01\FS01.NWTraders.com_data

Use AdsiEdit.msc to remove secondary DPM Server entries.

navigate to:

DC=X, CN=System, CN=MS-ShareMapConfiguration

Under that, there will be an entry for each PS share to DPM Server share mapping - Just double-click each entry and look at the ms-backupSrvShare property and delete entries associated with the secondary DPM server mappings. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:39 PM
  • Hi Mike:

A further question. While I can clean this up, the secondary keeps creating new points.  How do I fix that?

I had placed a call on this for another file server (standalone ) a few months backs and we used twtest to show the recovery points and cleanupeur to remove the recovery points. A subsequent conistency check repopulated AD with the correct information.

With this server being a multinode cluster, I can't get these tools to work.  I can definitely delete the recovery points from AD, but the secondary server will continue to put the points in there.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 5:00 PM