none
VBA Code to Highlight and Filter in Project 2010 STD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on how i can create a custom filter using VBA coding to filter and highlight search results at the same time as i know this is possible in project 2007 but it seems like things have changed with project 2010.When i use the highlight feature in project 2010 it highlights the search results but once i use the filter option it automatically resets the filter to no filter.Just need to be able to filter for specific name from a column once the results comes up then i would like them to be highlighted too. Feel free to ask me any questions if my request is not clear.

Thanks,

Francisco

Tuesday, September 27, 2011 5:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Generally VBA provides a way to code the manual actions but only very rarely creates additional features - and here it's the same.

Still, if you do want this to happen, what you can do is after the fillter instruction SelectAll and then use the Font method which can background-color the activeselection.

Greetings,

Friday, September 30, 2011 2:15 PM

All replies

• From the View tab you can choose to highlight or filter. You can't filter and highlight.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:21 AM
  • Hi Gill,

Thanks for the suggestion but i know that you can't filter and highlight at the same time so i was wondering if there some VBA coding that will allow me to do both highlighting and filtering at the same time.

Thanks,

Francisco

Friday, September 30, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Hi,

Generally VBA provides a way to code the manual actions but only very rarely creates additional features - and here it's the same.

Still, if you do want this to happen, what you can do is after the fillter instruction SelectAll and then use the Font method which can background-color the activeselection.

Greetings,

Friday, September 30, 2011 2:15 PM