Virtual server 2005 DVD/ISO problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there Forum. Although you are not suposed to run microsoft virtual server 2005 on windows 7, i had to give it a shot since it's my testing platform. After the instalation i can create and connect to the virtual server and it's machine that are located locally.

The problem is that i can't run any DVD or ISO. i input the location of my Windows server instalation (using both methods refered) and when it prompts me to inser a proper boot, i hit enter and the machine hastly goes back to BIOS without making an "atempt" like it hasn't detected the sources.

Also, when i converted my windows server to ISO he gave me this error:"The ISO Image "C:\w2008.iso" has an unrecognized Volume Descriptor. Guest CD/DVD mount operation may fail."

Can anyone shed some light on the matter?

thanks in advance,

ZygroN 

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 4:46 PM

All replies

• What ISOs are you trying?  Just the one you created, or have you tried a known good ISO image?

How large is the ISO you are trying to mount?

Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:50 PM
  • The iso is from an original windows 2008 server enterprise. I've tried installing it from the dvd drive and from the iso i created from it.
    I have also tried to change the boot order, and windows 2008 sbs DVD in case it was a problem with the disk ,but to no avail.
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 8:22 AM
  • My guess is the ISO has a problem.  Can you burn the ISO to a DVD and see if that works?  Or, download a new ISO from MS?
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:15 PM
  • Was this problem resolved as I am facing the same issue. Microsoft VS 2005 just wont detect the CD/DVD drive media or the ISO and keep on looking for Network boot. I can confirm that the Media or the ISO are good.
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 5:03 AM