none
Mail marked as SPAM but user added to never block RRS feed

• Question

• I have access tot he Admin Panel on Office 365 and I added to the Do not block or always allow section of the mail rules for several clients, But one client in particular no matter what happens ends up getting sent to the person who is in charge of SPAM.

So in theory they have been white listed.

I did notice when they email and do not add any attachments,  they go right threw but many times they will add 2 or 3 PDF files that are attached and those are the ones that get sent to the person who handles Spam.

I all so find this article on spam https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/prevent-email-from-being-marked-as-spam

Then looked at the Header of the Email and seen it was listed as :

X-Forefront-Antispam-Report

SFV:SPM Indicates that the message was marked as spam because of the EOP spam filters.

So I am at loss ...what can I do to Allow this mail to flow thew without the reroute to he spam person?

• Edited by johnnybor Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:48 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 6:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>> I did notice when they email and do not add any attachments,  they go right threw but many times they will add 2 or 3 PDF files that are attached and those are the ones that get sent to the person who handles Spam.

Do you mean that if the emails are sent without attachments then it would be sent correctly? How about other attachment but not PDF?

In this case, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail.

Besides, please refer to these two article to put that user in a safe list and see if there is any difference.

Allow/Block Lists.

Create safe sender lists in Office 365.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:24 AM
  • I notice it only happens when someone send 3 or more PDF files attached..

I do not know about other attachments since I haven't had a problem with them.

• Edited by johnnybor Monday, July 22, 2019 11:07 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

>> I do not know about other attachments since I haven't had a problem with them.

If possible, please let the problematic user test this because we need to know whether this is a attachments issue or a PDF issue.

Besides, please try exiting Outlook desktop client and see if the issue can be reproduced on the web mail. We need to know whether this is a client issue or a server issue.

In addition, have you tried the ways in the article above? What's the results?

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

It has been a while, how is everything going?

Please try my suggestions and let me know the result.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:43 AM