Can we Customize the WSUS message users see when workstations restart due to MS updates deadline? RRS feed

• Question

• Morning,

Is there a way to customize the default message users see when their workstation is forced to restart due to "deadlines" being set/implemented on Microsoft updates? I recently began doing this to ensure updates do not sit out there virtually forever because users do not want to restart their workstations or some other reason the workstation will not restart. I have looked in the documentation and elsewhere but have not found anything related to this anywhere!

I would like to be able to do this so that our helpdesk does not have to field calls from techs or users who think this is a "virus related" issue!

Thanks for your assistance!

Tony

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 3:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Is there a way to customize the default message users see when their workstation is forced to restart due to "deadlines" being set/implemented on Microsoft updates?

Unfortunately, as far as I know, WSUS doesn't support customize the message by default.

Best Regards,

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mike Crowley Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Strother Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:48 PM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:37 PM