none
Steady State RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody. I have small problem. I want used Steady State in classroom.  But, when I set "Lock profile to prevent the user from making permanent changes" the programm " Borland Turbo Delphi" does not work. Can somebody help me?
    Thank you! IGI
    Monday, January 7, 2008 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What error message was encountered?

Does this issue disappear after un-checking this option? If so, there can be conflicts between Delphi and SteadyState lock profile feature.

Please also make sure the program can run properly before locking the user profile. Otherwise, the issue can also related to some restrictions. In that case, we can change the restriction level to “No Restrictions” or create a new user account to test.

Best Regards,

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 2:28 AM
  • Thank you for answer. The Steady State (or WINXPPro SP2) does not display any error messages, Turbo Delphi does not start only.
    Borland Turbo Delphi work normal when user profile is unlocking and Steady State is setting for some restriction. (for example: Prevent users from savings files to the desktop, Disable System Tools and other management programs, Prevent access to the registry editor)
    Excuse me my horrible English.
    Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Do you mean Borland Turbo Delphi works if we have profile unlocked?

How about locking the user profile with “No Restriction” configured?

We can also check the event logs to verify if there is any clue:

===========

1. Click Start and then Run.

2. Type in eventvwr.msc and press Enter.

3. Highlight the Application & System part to check if there is any related error logs. If so, double click to open and check the description.

You can also right click Application & System and then choose “Save Log File As” to save them, then send them to me at v-shshao@microsoft.com

Regards,

Friday, January 11, 2008 8:40 AM