How do I get a screen 2 option on my laptop RRS feed

• Question

• change the appearance of your display page only gives me the option for screen 1 it doesn't show me any screen 2 option at all   
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 10:32 PM

All replies

• In Windows 7, it is easy to add a second monitor by using  Win+P.

There are two methods to set up multiple monitors in Windows 7. Make sure that you connect the external monitors to your laptop or your desktop computer first.

Method 1: By keyboard shortcut "Win+P"

Press the Windows logo key + P on your keyboard. Select one of the following options according to your needs: (The screen shot for this step is listed below.)
    Windows logo key + P

Method 2: By the "Screen Resolution" menu

1. Right-click any empty area of your desktop, and then click Screen resolution. (The screen shot for this step is listed below.)
    Right-click any empty area of your desktop, and then click Screen resolution.

2. Click the Multiple displays drop-down list, and then select Extend these displays, or Duplicate these displaysNote If you cannot see the additional monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If does not work, try restarting your computer and do step 1 to 2 again. (The screen shot for this step is listed below.)
    Click the Multiple displays drop-down list, and then select Extend these displays, or Duplicate these displays.

S.Sengupta,Microsoft MVP Windows and Devices for IT, Windows Insider MVP

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 12:20 AM
  • The most simple method to set up multiple monitors for your laptop is using built-in Extend mode. Press Win key + P key , then click Extend, you will see more content on your second monitor.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 1:30 AM
  • Would you mind letting me know the update of the problem? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 6, 2018 9:04 AM