Outlook 2016 - Inbox does not refresh RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I have two Terminalservers Win SRV 2016 with Outlook 2016. For some of my users, Outlook does not refresh the inbox. They get no new mails. The only way is to klick "connection status" and make a "reconnect". After reconnecting, users can work the whole day. After logon again to the server, the problem comes back. Any ideas?

Wednesday, August 9, 2017 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi tertiaer,

>> For some of my users, Outlook does not refresh the inbox. 

By this, do you mean the issue only affect part of the users in the same environment?
    Is this a recently happened issue?
    What if manually click the Send/Receive button after starting Outlook?

Please try changing Outlook from Cached Exchange mode if it's in that mode to Online mode and see if there will be any improvement.

It is also suggested to try temporarily turn of anti virus software if there is to narrow down the issue.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 8:23 AM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

Yes, it effects only some users on two different servers. We have the problem since we moved to Win2016.

Manually clicking the send/receive has no effect. The only solution we found at the moment is to reconnect as described.

Cached mode is already disabled because it is a terminalserver.

Antivirus I will try, but my users are off until wednesday.

Regards,

Thomas

Monday, August 14, 2017 10:26 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

How's everything going with the issue?

Besides, have you checked in OWA and see if the Inbox can refresh as expected?

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:01 PM
  • Hi Yuki Sun,

we tried last week serveral things, without success. Antivirus seems not to be the problem. We also upgraded the Citrix-Version to the latest version, without any change to the behavior. OWA works correct. It is a local problem of the terminalserver. But I have no idea to look for and why it apllies only to a few users.

Sunday, August 20, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Hi tertiaer,

Sorry for the delay.

What if running safe mode (outlook /safe) on the problematic machines and check the result?

Besides, have you tried to test by creating a new profile?

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Thursday, August 31, 2017 2:17 AM