How do I link a Performance Point page filter to a ProClarity (PAS) view? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have a dashboard with a page Filter (e.g. Month). In that same page, I have a PAS view part. Both are based on the same cube.

I tried linking them by dragging the filter over to the PAS view in Dashboard Designer. However, it does not seem to work. It would make sense to me that I need to specify which is the view parameter/field to link the filter unique member name to. However, I don't know how to do that. Is it something I need to do on the ProClarity side or on PPS Dashboard Designer?

Can someone shed some light on what I am missing to connect these two?

Thanks in advance.

Javier

Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:12 PM

Answers

•  

Hello Javier,

When filtering ProClarity Charts in PPS you don't need to explicitly mention which chart axis or dimension your Page Filter is linked to. You just link it to the chart 'Parameters' and it figures out which dimension to target (based on the dimension that the Page Filter is based on I believe). In order to get the filter to work just make sure of the following:

1. In ProClarity, The chart dimension that you want filtered is present in either the chart rows, columns or background.
    2. In PPS Dashboard, this chart is correctly linked to the Page Filters (In the Link Options the Dashboard Item Endpoint refer to 'Parameters' and Source Value point to 'Member UniqueName)

It's working here. I hope this helps.

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:44 PM

All replies

•  

Hello Javier,

When filtering ProClarity Charts in PPS you don't need to explicitly mention which chart axis or dimension your Page Filter is linked to. You just link it to the chart 'Parameters' and it figures out which dimension to target (based on the dimension that the Page Filter is based on I believe). In order to get the filter to work just make sure of the following:

1. In ProClarity, The chart dimension that you want filtered is present in either the chart rows, columns or background.
    2. In PPS Dashboard, this chart is correctly linked to the Page Filters (In the Link Options the Dashboard Item Endpoint refer to 'Parameters' and Source Value point to 'Member UniqueName)

It's working here. I hope this helps.

Monday, December 24, 2007 8:44 PM
  • Thanks for providing the answer. This works!

Sunday, December 30, 2007 2:10 AM