Anyone running Trend Micro Professional with Windows 7 ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have found that Trend Micro is not compatible with Windows 7 at least on my pc it's not.  I experienced random freezing upon boot up and could not figure out what was causing the freezing.  I decided to start un installing software one by one.  I uninstalled Trend Micro and that was 2 weeks ago and I have yet to have any freezing.  I contacted Trend Micro and they told me it was another anti virus software that was instaleld but I had no other anti virus installed.  Well getting rid of the program worked for me, I now have Mcafee.  I really liked Trend Micro never had a virus in the 5 years that I had it.
    Saturday, June 5, 2010 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I also check the webpage for Trend Micro Internet Security Pro; and in this page, it says this software is compatible with Windows 7:

Trend Micro Internet Security Pro

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

For more information about Trend Micro Professional and the hotfixes, please contact Trend Micro Support since they are familiar with their products.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regarding security software in Windows 7, I would like to share the following with you for your reference:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Consumer security software providers

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, June 11, 2010 2:50 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,  I have been running Windows 7 Ultimate and Trend Micro Internet Security Pro with no issues. 
    jg
    Sunday, June 6, 2010 4:38 PM
  • What version of trend Micro are you using?
    Have you installed the latest hotfixes from Trend Micro?

Best Regards Chris Steding MCTS Windows 7 Configuration www.compit.se
    Monday, June 7, 2010 8:31 AM
  • I dont know about the hot fixes, I thought the updates were automatic.  My pc was freezing everytime I booted up and when I removed the trend micro pro, the freezing stopped, that was  a month ago.  I really like trend micro but cant get it to work with my laptop.  should I look on the web site for hot fixes.  when I taked with support they never mentioned any hot fixes.
    Monday, June 7, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

I also check the webpage for Trend Micro Internet Security Pro; and in this page, it says this software is compatible with Windows 7:

Trend Micro Internet Security Pro

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

For more information about Trend Micro Professional and the hotfixes, please contact Trend Micro Support since they are familiar with their products.

Note: Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.

Regarding security software in Windows 7, I would like to share the following with you for your reference:

Microsoft Security Essentials

Consumer security software providers

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Friday, June 11, 2010 2:50 AM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:28 AM