MSN msg don't work right error 81000306 RRS feed

• Question

• Error 81000306 started out of no where, and my other accounts for msn hotmail works. Every is having these problems and i doubt any of these soltuions have help. So when is MSN gonna come out with anything that runs smoothly. No wonder ppl use trillian! I want my account to work. I need my friends list. MSN servers suck!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:05 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

When you try to sign in to MSN Messenger, you may receive the following error message:

• We were unable to sign you in to MSN Messenger, possibly because of a problem with the service or with your Internet connection. Please make sure that you are connected to the Internet.

Try the following to help resolve the situation:

1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
    2. Make sure you have installed the latest version of MSN Messenger.
    3. Make sure you have installed the latest available updates for your operating system. For Microsoft® Windows® operating systems, go to the Microsoft® Windows® Update website.
    4. If you are using a firewall, make sure that MSN Messenger is allowed full access through the firewall. For more information, see the firewall documentation.
    5. Verify the Advanced Connection settings for MSN Messenger.

Notes

• If your computer is part of a corporate network, contact your network administrator to make sure that the network allows access to the MSN Messenger service.
    • If you use a dial-up connection, the connection may be timing out. Try to connect again later.

for more info go to the Microsoft® Windows® Update website.

• If you are using a firewall, make sure that MSN Messenger is allowed full access through the firewall. For more information, see the firewall documentation.
  • Verify the Advanced Connection settings for MSN Messenger.
  • Notes

• If your computer is part of a corporate network, contact your network administrator to make sure that the network allows access to the MSN Messenger service.
    • If you use a dial-up connection, the connection may be timing out. Try to connect again later.

for more info click here

Thursday, December 14, 2006 8:52 AM
  •  

Hi,

You might want to try this if you are on Vista

http://www.unwindsoftware.com/blog/2007/04/vista-and-msn-messanger-and-81000306.html

James

Thursday, June 14, 2007 11:49 PM
  • I've been having this exact same problem for months now. It's was frustrating!! At first I thought, "I'll try again later." Or maybe it has something to do with Vista. I've tried EVERYTHING I've seen online but nothing worked. I've tried tons of times since it started and strange enough it's let me sign in ONCE. Just once. But I think I've found a solution.

Go to the Control Panel and find Uninstall a Program (under "Programs") [for Vista users...but for XP users, just go into My Computer]. Find "Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant " and go Uninstall.

I just uninstalled Windows Live ID Sign-In Assistant . I'm able to sign in now. Hopefully this will be the end of it. I hope this helped you.
    • Proposed as answer by daft Friday, September 25, 2009 8:37 AM
    Thursday, September 24, 2009 3:43 PM