none
Display as Callout not available RRS feed

• Question

• I have a timeline in Project 2010 where some tasks are displayed with begin and end dates (which I want) and others won't even let me make them "callouts".  I've check each task and I can't find any differences between them.  The Current Selection format has the Display as Callout grayed out.  I tried to link in an image, but this site won't let me until I'm verified - but no idea how that happens.
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:06 PM

Answers

• Anne shared the file with me, it was found that the tasks were manually scheduled and had durations, but were marked as Milestones, due to which the call-out option was greyed out. Once the Milestone check box was cleared, call-out option became available.

Sapna Shukla

• Marked as answer by AnneSP Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:42 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:21 PM

All replies

• Sorry, but I only have Project 2013 installated at the moment.  I repeated your steps and noted that when using the Format>Current Selection from the task list, the Display as Callout is indeed inactive.  However, if I add the task to the Timeline and then use Format>Current Selection from the task list, it is active.  The same is true if I use the context menu using the mouse.

I will try to get 2010 reinstalled and retest, but I never really had an issue with callouts.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 2:48 PM
  • I added from Existing Tasks and it's still gray.  Try by right clicking on the task and also gray.

• Edited by AnneSP Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:12 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Do you have Service Pack installed? as I cannot reproduce the issue. Could you share the file?

Sapna Shukla

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:41 PM
  • I'm on Windows & Enterprise, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601 and I could share the file if you tell me how to attach it - I don't see a method

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Anne shared the file with me, it was found that the tasks were manually scheduled and had durations, but were marked as Milestones, due to which the call-out option was greyed out. Once the Milestone check box was cleared, call-out option became available.

Sapna Shukla

• Marked as answer by AnneSP Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:42 PM
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:21 PM