none
Project Online backup - restore including Project Sites RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We are running Project Online solutions for our many clients. However this is the first time that one of the important client deleted a project site by mistake. As Microsoft has no backup solution for the cloud, we contacted Microsoft support to retrieve the site. The site had few data but it was important for our client to maintain it.

Microsoft struggled to get this one particular site back for quite few days and we had to create and populate the data for the particular project on to its respective project site from scratch.

Now it has been 3 days and Microsoft support has stopped responding our emails. May be our emails are not reaching them or there is some other problem but we are trying to avoid this kind of situation. We are planning to move to on-premises as we have never asked this kind of support from Microsoft before in my more than 15 years of career.

My question:

1. Can we have a backup through any scripts, Visual Studio or any other method.
    2. Microsoft is pushing for fluentpro as their partner to have backup solutions I guess but do we have any other provider(s) just in case to check the available services.
    3. Can someone direct us to create a backup solution for cloud.

Regards

Tanzim Akhtar

• Edited by Tanzim Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:08 AM
    Tuesday, July 25, 2017 11:08 AM

All replies

• Hi Tanzim, as far as I know FluentPro has currently the monopoly on the market. There are other tools, but they can only migrate / backup SharePoint content.

Best regards,

Julian, PMP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE

Blog: https://project-brain.com

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Wednesday, July 26, 2017 7:11 PM
  • Hello Workener,

Thank you for replying to my second point. We have started considering it.

Tanzim Akhtar

Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:00 AM
  • To further update on our status, Microsoft personal called us and confirmed that she was out of the office hence wasn't able to get back.

However the important thing that we came to know is that if the project site is deleted from "Connected SharePoint Sites", it gets deleted permanently and cannot be retrieved even from the database.

Regards

Tanzim Akhtar

Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:02 AM