none
How to empty MSP_TimeSheetLine_UserView. RRS feed

• Question

• In my project server 2010 testing environment there is 5 projects. which I deleted.

But data is still in MSP_TimeSheetLine_UserView .

Pls tell me how  to empty this View.

• Edited by John.Eddie Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

the only supported method is to recall, delete and recreate affected timesheets. Timesheets are storing all information to have the historical truth - you are not intersted in in your test environment.

Timesheets are not affected by any task or project deletion/renaming, since they may be a source for billing processes. No good idea to delete data, were other processes may rely on.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by John.Eddie Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:38 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:11 AM
  • If you want to delete all timesheets for all users in your test environment to clean it up, you can do so from Server Settings>Delete Enterprise Objects> select timesheet, and the date range. To confirm, go and query your database on MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView

Unless you wanted to delete individual timesheets, then I will do what Barbara recommended

Ali Al . Consultant & IT Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

• Edited by Ali-Al Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

the only supported method is to recall, delete and recreate affected timesheets. Timesheets are storing all information to have the historical truth - you are not intersted in in your test environment.

Timesheets are not affected by any task or project deletion/renaming, since they may be a source for billing processes. No good idea to delete data, were other processes may rely on.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 11:11 AM
  • If you want to delete all timesheets for all users in your test environment to clean it up, you can do so from Server Settings>Delete Enterprise Objects> select timesheet, and the date range. To confirm, go and query your database on MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView

Unless you wanted to delete individual timesheets, then I will do what Barbara recommended

Ali Al . Consultant & IT Manager.
    epma
    FB TW IN

• Edited by Ali-Al Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:25 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:22 PM