Help with making current exchange calendar a shared resource RRS feed

• Question

• Hello... I am a relative newbie to Exchange properties andhave been asked to take our current unit conference room calendar and make it a shared resource so that all members of our unit can invite the room to a meeting effectively scheduling it. Right now only 4 people have the ability to schedule the room, but all members of our unit can see the calendar. I was the one that created the calendar for our unit in exchange public folders and set the viewing and scheduling permissions. I have done this many times in the past, but now being asked to make it a unit "resource" where people can schdule the room with and invite, I am not sure how to do it. I have googled the term, but I am not quite sure if it involves adding a mailbox to the calendar or what else is needed.

we are running MS Exchange 2003 V 6.5 on server with WIN 2K3 Enterprise SP2.... users have Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 machines.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 8:48 PM

Answers

• 
    You'll create a mailbox for it and configure automatic booking.  The Autoaccept script is one way to do that.  This is one of the things that is a lot better in Exchange 2007 and 2010.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "pappatoad" wrote in message news:1e0b67cf-1c9b-465e-872b-04406876f023...
    Hello... I am a relative newbie to Exchange properties andhave been asked to take our current unit conference room calendar and make it a shared resource so that all members of our unit can invite the room to a meeting effectively scheduling it. Right now only 4 people have the ability to schedule the room, but all members of our unit can see the calendar. I was the one that created the calendar for our unit in exchange public folders and set the viewing and scheduling permissions. I have done this many times in the past, but now being asked to make it a unit "resource" where people can schdule the room with and invite, I am not sure how to do it. I have googled the term, but I am not quite sure if it involves adding a mailbox to the calendar or what else is needed.

we are running MS Exchange 2003 V 6.5 on server with WIN 2K3 Enterprise SP2.... users have Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 machines.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by emma.yoyo Friday, March 19, 2010 1:36 AM
    • Proposed as answer by emma.yoyo Friday, March 19, 2010 1:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Monday, March 22, 2010 1:40 AM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:05 PM
  • And more information how to create a resource mailbox, please read this article:
    Booking Resources with Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook System 2003
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Booking-Resources-ExchangeServer-2003-Outlook-System-2003.html

Similar with Outlook 2007.
    Frank Wang
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:08 AM

All replies

• 
    You'll create a mailbox for it and configure automatic booking.  The Autoaccept script is one way to do that.  This is one of the things that is a lot better in Exchange 2007 and 2010.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "pappatoad" wrote in message news:1e0b67cf-1c9b-465e-872b-04406876f023...
    Hello... I am a relative newbie to Exchange properties andhave been asked to take our current unit conference room calendar and make it a shared resource so that all members of our unit can invite the room to a meeting effectively scheduling it. Right now only 4 people have the ability to schedule the room, but all members of our unit can see the calendar. I was the one that created the calendar for our unit in exchange public folders and set the viewing and scheduling permissions. I have done this many times in the past, but now being asked to make it a unit "resource" where people can schdule the room with and invite, I am not sure how to do it. I have googled the term, but I am not quite sure if it involves adding a mailbox to the calendar or what else is needed.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by emma.yoyo Friday, March 19, 2010 1:36 AM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:05 PM
  • thank you for the reply... I will try that... I am not sure when we are migrating to Exchange 07... wish we would soon...
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:12 PM
  • And more information how to create a resource mailbox, please read this article:
    Booking Resources with Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook System 2003
    http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Booking-Resources-ExchangeServer-2003-Outlook-System-2003.html

Similar with Outlook 2007.
    Frank Wang
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:08 AM