MDW issue with Access 97 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We created a virtual application for Access 97 using Citrix Profiler and enforced the security by using a command line parameter "Q:\MyAppFolder\MyApp.MDB" /wrkgrp "Q:\MyAppFolder\MyApp.MDW"  (both my database and mdw files are located on a network share, which we mapped it as "Q" drive). When we launch the application from profiler system, it is working fine. However, if we publish the virtual application to user, it is prompting for user credentials dialog box but the dialog box will not allow us to enter in any information. It will not display focus for us to enter info.

Any hints to fix this issue would be highly appreciated !
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:25 AM

Answers

• San_CSC,

definitively you should separate App-V and Citrix Profiling stuff. If thata login-issue also occurs with an App-V application, here could be the right point to ask for solutions.
    However, "It will not display focus for us to enter info" leads to another - even more Citrix (XenApp) related topic. Supposed you are streaming the App to a Citrix XenApp/Presentation Server you may check if you can access the dialog when lauching the app directly on the server console and within a Published Desktop. Sometimes the concept of "Published Applications" with seamless windows generates effects as you described.
    But also therefor a citrix Forum would be the better choice :-)

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, November 30, 2009 7:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am really confused as you mention the citrix profiler (probably more appropriate and accurate to ask that question in citrixs forums..) and explain that you use the Q:-drive, typically used by app-v?

Can you clarify some light as to what you have actually done?

/Znack
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:47 AM
  • Yes, will post my query on Citrix forums as well...just wanna see if anyone here can help me out on this issue.

In Citrix profiler we do not have any concept of Q drive, which is used by App-V..I think this might made you confused...we have posted the Access database file (mdb) and the security file (mdw) on a network location and mapped this location with a drive. I've mentioned Q drive as an example. In order to associate a mdw file with the database file we need to use /wrkgrp command in the command line parameter while sequencing (in App-V terminology) or profiling (in Xen-App terminology) the application. mdw files bacially stores the user names and group information.

In App-V, we can launch the application & test its functionality during sequencing...in a similar way we can test the application while profiling the application. When we launch the application, it will prompt to enter the user credentials and then enter into the database.

The issue here is when we launch the application from profiler system, it is working fine. However, if we publish the virtual application to user, it is prompting for user credentials but the dialog box will not allow us to enter in any information. It will not display focus for us to enter info.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 1:53 PM
  • San_CSC,

definitively you should separate App-V and Citrix Profiling stuff. If thata login-issue also occurs with an App-V application, here could be the right point to ask for solutions.
    However, "It will not display focus for us to enter info" leads to another - even more Citrix (XenApp) related topic. Supposed you are streaming the App to a Citrix XenApp/Presentation Server you may check if you can access the dialog when lauching the app directly on the server console and within a Published Desktop. Sometimes the concept of "Published Applications" with seamless windows generates effects as you described.
    But also therefor a citrix Forum would be the better choice :-)

Falko
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, November 30, 2009 7:46 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 2:03 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 2:15 PM