Migrating to document sets changes to folder content type and column default values not applied. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

I have two issues.

1. When Migrating to document sets, the content type of the document set changes to folder.  Currently I run a PowerShell script to change them back to document sets.  Is this a known issue,  Is there a better way of doing this or will document sets be supported in future releases?

2. I have a series of default column values set on libraries and folders, when migrating, the values are not applied.  Again I use PowerShell to set the values that should be applied, is this a know issue and if so will it be addressed in future releases?

Thanks,

Robby Garon

Friday, January 25, 2019 4:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Robby,

I'm facing the same issue when migrating my local files shares into document sets.  So I've opened a ticket at Microsoft Support and recommended that I raise it on their new feature request site.

While I wait for a new release of SPMT, would you mind sending me your PowerShell scripts, so at least I can turn the folders back to documents sets, and apply my column values again.  Do you have a short how-to-document so I can get it to work on my side ?

Much appreciated.

Best regards

Joeri

Monday, March 30, 2020 1:41 PM

• While I wait for a new release of SPMT, would you mind sending me your PowerShell scripts, so at least I can turn the folders back to documents sets, and apply my column values again.  Do you have a short how-to-document so I can get it to work on my side ?

We're not using document sets but I'm having similar issues with applying metadata column values to the freshly migrated content.  I'd be interested in seeing your PS script if available!

Cheers!

Friday, April 24, 2020 12:11 PM