none
western digital external hard drive slow while copying some files from it

Question

• i have a 750GB western digiital external hard drive that i recently obtained or bought. when am copying files to it, the speeds are okay but when it comes to copying the same files from it to say another laptop, it copies for some files normally but some are very slow whwn copying them. it recently also created another partition 230GB yet its capacity is 750GB. if anyone could me with this problem. am out of ideas. thank you in advance for the help.
    Monday, June 19, 2017 10:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

when it comes to copying the same files from it to say another laptop

What’s your computers model and your hard drive model?

Does the issue occur when you copy files to the same laptop (from which you have copied file to hard drive) ?

Try to update the USB driver to the latest on your another laptop(Device Manager\Universal Serial Bus controllers\USB Serial Converter).

The issue might be related to USB port(2.0 or 3.0), try to change with another USB port to check the issue again.

We also could monitor the USB transfer rate with Windows Resource Monitor.

Best regards,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 4:41 AM
  • yes it does, when i copy say from my computer and wanted to copy back, some files copy normally but some are very slow while copying (100kbps). my computer is currently running on windows 7 ultimate. its a Samsung 355V4C/356V4C/3445VC/3545VC model
    Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Hi,

According to my research, "Samsung 355V4C/356V4C/3445VC/3545VC model" is a series computer model, not for a computer model. I would be appreciate if you could provide the specific information.

I found this Samsung series model using Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader. So it would be slow than the existing mainstream USB 3.0 port. But for your issue, it would be relate to the card reader driver. Please download the latest from Samsung website.

If you have problem with finding USB card reader driver from Samsung download website, it is recommend to ask help from Samsung support.

If the issue persists after update driver, please check the issue after temporarily disabled firewall and antivirus software.

Bests,

Joy.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 9:53 AM