Powershell command for Mail Enabled groups with "msExchRequireAuthtoSendTo" filter RRS feed

• Question

• I cant seem to get the right command.  I need to see all Mail-Enabled Distributions lists with the "msExchRequireAuthtoSendTo" in our exchange 2007 environment.  Help?
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:04 PM

Answers

• On Tue, 3 May 2011 18:04:52 +0000, arudacille wrote:

>I cant seem to get the right command. I need to see all Mail-Enabled Distributions lists with the "msExchRequireAuthtoSendTo" in our exchange 2007 environment. Help?

Get-DistributionGroup | where {$_.RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled}

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:59 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to check “Require All Senders to be authenticated” on the distribution lists in your environment, you can refer to the following cmdlet:

Get-DistributionGroup | where {$_.RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled -eq $True} | Set-DistributionGroup -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $True

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:00 AM

All replies

• On Tue, 3 May 2011 18:04:52 +0000, arudacille wrote:

>I cant seem to get the right command. I need to see all Mail-Enabled Distributions lists with the "msExchRequireAuthtoSendTo" in our exchange 2007 environment. Help?

Get-DistributionGroup | where {$_.RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled}

---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 1:46 AM
  • Hi,

If you want to check “Require All Senders to be authenticated” on the distribution lists in your environment, you can refer to the following cmdlet:

Get-DistributionGroup | where {$_.RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled -eq $True} | Set-DistributionGroup -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $True

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 10:00 AM