Apps working in XP but not Windows 7. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I have been sequencing a number of apps for Windows XP & Windows 7 successfully however two of these crash at 100% on the Windows 7 test client.

These include OPAS & Patient Centre. The XP Client has .net 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 installed - the 7 has 3.5 installed as a feature plus I was able to install .net 1.1. Could this be an issue ? I know that some of the software was looking for 2.0 on the XP installation - but the 3.5 feature is supposed to be backward compatible.

Anyone ever come across applications playing up on Windows 7?

Tuesday, March 9, 2010 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hi - Thanks again. I tried sequencing them on a Windows 7 client as well and they didn't work in XP compatibility mode properly either.

Some other apps not designed for Windows 7 worked a treat - what do you think the success rate for older apps would be ?

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:35 AM

All replies

• Hello,

If installing the application natively on a Windows 7 works, it should work to sequence.

Since you have seem to have sequenced on Windows XP, it might be a good idea to try to resequence them on a Windows 7 client?

/Znack
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:27 AM
  • Hi - Thanks again. I tried sequencing them on a Windows 7 client as well and they didn't work in XP compatibility mode properly either.

Some other apps not designed for Windows 7 worked a treat - what do you think the success rate for older apps would be ?

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:48 PM
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:35 AM
  • Hello,

No idea, purely depends on the design and purpose of the application.

/Znack
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Thanks for the help. Think I'll give up on that app.
    Tuesday, March 9, 2010 11:43 AM