Outlook 2016 Build 1710 Autofill Issues RRS feed

• Question

• As of build 1710, contact groups are no longer appearing when composing emails and typing in the address fields. Additionally, the GUI for the autofill contacts is different.

I have several users from several clients who have reported the issue, but cannot find anything relating to this change or potential bug online. Obviously the UI change is intended, but is delisting groups intended? Is there a way to revert to the previous configuration?

Tuesday, November 14, 2017 6:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

>> As of build 1710, contact groups are no longer appearing when composing emails and typing in the address fields.

The issue has been reported to the related teams already and it is currently being investigated.

For now,  as a temporary workaround, please pick up the local contact group from the address book or roll back to the earlier version:

How to revert to an earlier version of Office 2013 or Office 2016 Click-to-Run

Additionally, for the latest updates about this problem, you may monitor the main thread below:

Outlook 2016 Auto-Complete for Contact Groups Not Working

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and thanks for your patience.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 9:51 AM
  • For now,  as a temporary workaround, please pick up the local contact group

How would one go about doing that?

Wednesday, November 15, 2017 4:17 PM
  • Hi,

We can manually select the contact group from the Address Book (Ctrl + Shift + B).

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:40 AM
  • Oh I see what you mean. My clients are aware of this and it's too clunky for them to accept as a workaround. I am going to have to downgrade them until a fix is available.
    • Edited by mredig_vcs Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:07 PM addtl info
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 2:07 PM
  • Hi mredig,

Thanks for your understanding. I'll post back once we got any update about this.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Monday, November 20, 2017 2:47 AM
  • Hi mredig,

According to the discussion in this similar thread, this appears to have been fixed in the latest 1710 Build 8625.2139 update.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:39 AM