Project Professional 2010 Trial: Download Problems RRS feed

• Question

• I have gone through all the steps in downloading the trial version of MS Project Professional 2010 however I am experiencing a problem during installation.  When I run the ProjectProfessional.exe executable file, a window pops up saying that files are being extracted.  Once that process is completed nothing happens and the installation process comes to a halt.  Please advise.
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:32 PM

Answers

• MSCALT,

How long did you wait? After extracting the necessary files, Windows goes through a rather lengthy series of setup steps to actually configure you computer for the new software. It can take a while. Ordinarily there is a window with a progress bar but that may not always be the case. I'd try again and if nothing has happened after say 30 minutes, then maybe there is an issue.

You might also try a Ctrl-Alt-Del to check the task manager to see if the installation has stalled out.

Also make sure you don't have an anti-virus utility that may be preventing installation.

By the way, it would be helpful to know which version of Windows and are you using and is it a 64 bit or 32 bit version.

Hope this helps.

John

• Marked as answer by Mike Glen Tuesday, January 10, 2012 7:43 PM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:38 PM