link between Drop down menu and plain text RRS feed

• Question

• hello . i want to create a drop down box in ms word which will show result in other feild like in textview etc when selecting the values from drop down  box.

For example: i have values in drop down box ( Country , States ,City )   i have 3 values in drop down box. 

now i just put a plain text content control .. now i want when i select Country from dropdown it should show country names in Plain text field, when i select States  , plain text field must show States name

Please need Help

Thanks

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 10:17 PM

Answers

• See the page on mapped content controls. That is a way to have the same information show up in multiple places in a document. That is, you can have a ComboBox Content Control in one place. A mapped copy of that will reflect the same information in a different place in the document. Changes in either place will be reflected in the other.

The IF field is a way to have the information displayed in one part of a document change depending on what is put in a different part. That is, depending on what is in the Countries Content Control, the displayed information will change.

Please follow the links I've given you.

If you only needed plain-text content controls, you would likely be able to use Document Property Content Controls which are already mapped. Repeating Data Using Document Properties Content Controls and Other Mapped Content Controls

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Marked as answer by junaid6084 Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:31 PM
    • Edited by Charles Kenyon Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:06 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:13 PM

All replies

• hello . i want to create a drop down box in ms word which will show result in other feild like in textview etc when selecting the values from drop down  box.

For example: i have values in drop down box ( Country , States ,City )   i have 3 values in drop down box. 

now i just put a plain text content control .. now i want when i select Country from dropdown it should show country names in Plain text field, when i select States  , plain text field must show States name

Please need Help

Thanks

I don't really understand what you mean "like in textview."

You can use an IF Field  to test the results of a dropdown and give conditional text. You can use mapped content controls to replicate data in a content control elsewhere in the document. Mapped Content Controls

Wednesday, December 20, 2017 11:21 PM
  • thanks for reply

if i use ContentControls ( plain text) will it show result Countries (when i select Country in combobox)

Thursday, December 21, 2017 5:02 AM
  • See the page on mapped content controls. That is a way to have the same information show up in multiple places in a document. That is, you can have a ComboBox Content Control in one place. A mapped copy of that will reflect the same information in a different place in the document. Changes in either place will be reflected in the other.

The IF field is a way to have the information displayed in one part of a document change depending on what is put in a different part. That is, depending on what is in the Countries Content Control, the displayed information will change.

Please follow the links I've given you.

If you only needed plain-text content controls, you would likely be able to use Document Property Content Controls which are already mapped. Repeating Data Using Document Properties Content Controls and Other Mapped Content Controls

• Marked as answer by junaid6084 Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:31 PM
    • Edited by Charles Kenyon Saturday, December 23, 2017 3:06 AM
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Thank you so much
    Thursday, December 21, 2017 4:32 PM