none
Windows 10 sound

Question

• I recently rested my windows 10 computer, and when it reinstalled I was unable to hear any noise from the computer. I've looked everywhere online but I couldn't find anything. I tried updating the software, but it would give and error code: 0x8007001f.

Please help

Thank You

Sunday, April 2, 2017 6:43 AM

All replies

• Did you use window troubleshooting menu and reset?  save files or remove everything?  then lose sound?

Did you check or update drivers from default windows drivers to drivers tested by your computer manufacturer?

The computer manufacturer may have a web site which checks your computers id/product number and then after choosing your operating system it may provide a list of drivers.

Right click on the left lower corner windows icon then left click on device manager then expand sound, video, and game controllers as well as audio inputs and outputs.  Clicking on properties allows you to view your current drivers.

Sometimes you may need to reinstall codecs which were lost on the reset to have or optimize sound.

The hardware can be checked using the bios diagnostic tests but with this temporally related to your windows rest you may want to run through this check list: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-performance/windows-10-performance-and-install-integrity/75529fd4-fac7-4653-893a-dd8cd4b4db00

If you are having problems with updates please give the preinstalled troubleshooters a try:  control panel then view with small or large icons then click on troubleshooting to open its menu.  Then run the sound troubleshooter.

Also on the left pane of the control panel troubleshooting menu is "view all".  Click on it an allow it to load.  Then you can run through these any time you are faced with a problem.

Sunday, April 2, 2017 7:09 AM
  • Hello,

See if fixes mentioned here helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/audio-not-working-after-upgrading-to-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Sunday, April 2, 2017 10:53 AM
  • Hi,

Which software did you want to update?

What's status of the sound card in the Device Manager?

For help fixing audio or sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter. It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

If the link doesn't open the troubleshooter, select the Start button, type Troubleshooting, and then select Troubleshooting from the list of results. Under Hardware and Sound, select Troubleshoot audio playback.

If it doesn't resolve your issue, select another 5 tabs below to troubleshoot the sound issue:

Fix Sound issue

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/instantanswers/a183aa8b-0eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 3, 2017 1:43 AM