none
Timesheet Rejected RRS feed

All replies

• Amit --

When a user creates a timesheet for the current time reporting period, the timesheet is static.  By this, I mean that it contains the tasks assigned to the user for the specific time period.  If the PM makes changes to those tasks after the user has created the timesheet, then the timesheet DOES NOT update automatically.   Based on the error message you see, my guess is that the following occurred:

1. The user created the timesheet on Monday, or some day early in the week.
    2. On the timesheet, the user sees all of the tasks assigned to him/her for the current week.
    3. After the user created the timesheet, the PM deleted or reassigned a task assigned to the user, but does not tell the user about this.
    4. The user enters progress on the task that was deleted or is reassigned to someone else, which triggers the error message you quote.

Does that make sense?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, September 5, 2013 12:18 PM
  • Hi Dale,

I will tell you a scenario. Maybe then you can explain me why it happens. 

A user goes to his timesheet and creates a new task for a project. He updates the actual work and submits it. Then all of a sudden he sees the Rejection. When he opens his timesheet, the task is gone.

When I open the project plan in the MSP, I can see the task created, but I cant see the users' name associated to it. Now the scenario in the Standard Cubes is, I can see the users entries in Timesheet Cube but not in the EPM-Timesheet cube.

I dunno whether the PM has Approved only the New task created and then altered the Project Plan. (I have seen the rejection case many times so, this can't be the case always)

Is any timesheet job OR Approval job failure causing this?

If we don't consider the above scenario, does adding OR removing a resource on a task cause the Rejection problem?

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Friday, September 6, 2013 9:56 AM
  • Amit --

I suspect that the PM in question approved the new task request from the team member, but then removed the team member and reassigned the task to someone else.  Have you actually asked the PM in question about this situation to get his/her analysis of what may have happened?  Let us know and we will try to help.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, September 6, 2013 1:02 PM