none
MDT 2013 - Computer name changes after deployment completes RRS feed

• Question

• I am deploying computers via MDT 2013, and deployments complete successfully. However, the name of the PC (computer name, not the PC name of the AD object) which shows up correctly after deployment completes, changes to something different after the first manual reboot. 
    Monday, April 4, 2016 8:19 PM

All replies

• computer name is located in 2 places in MDT. in the task sequence or Unattend.xml computer name under specialize shell setup.

Best Sam ------------------------------------------------ Please mark as answered if this solves your issue

Monday, April 4, 2016 8:25 PM
  • Problem is, the naming seems to be working fine. The deployment completes, and the computer name is correct. Once the window comes up that deployment was successful, I hit ok, then manually reboot the PC. Once I log back in, the computer name is changed to something else. 
    Monday, April 4, 2016 9:11 PM
  • The unattend would be interesting to look at. Is it the same final name each time?

Logs are very important. https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/ Mention any customizations you have made.

Monday, April 4, 2016 11:52 PM