My windows 7 premium not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi my windows premium suddenly stop letting me open any applications on my laptop i tried to delete any new installed items but it still won't work can you plz help

Saturday, September 7, 2013 9:02 PM

Answers

• Hi wolf9666,

Please try the following methods to solve this issue:

Method 1: Perform a safe mode.

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs do not  run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed. Safe mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly, or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. As for how to start into safe mode, please review this KB article Start your computer in safe mode.

Method 2: Perform a clean boot.

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue. For your information, please review this KB article to put the computer in clean boot:

How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

Note: Make sure you put the computer back to Normal Startup once you are done with the troubleshooting.

Method 3: Use System Restore to undo recent system changes.

If you suspect that the gdiplus.dll error was caused by a change made to an important file or configuration, you can select this method. As for how to use System Restore, please review this article System Restore:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/system-restore

Regards,

Lany Zhang

Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:42 AM